May 21, 2008

Scientology IS a cult

I know I'm not telling you anything new here, I'm just taking advantage of my US hosting and First Ammendment rights to tell you, Scientology is a cult.

For those of you slow on the uptake:

SCIENTOLOGY IS A CULT.


Right, glad we cleared that up.

Because apparently, you can now be arrested for calling the Scifags a cult.

From the BBC

A 15-year-old is facing possible prosecution for holding up a placard which branded Scientology a "cult".

The teenager held up a sign which read, "Scientology is not a religion, it is a dangerous cult" in May, outside its headquarters in the City of London.


Its outrageous that the Co$ has pressed for the kid to be charged. A fucking disgrace. I know I haven't really talked about the Scientology vs Anonymous deal for a while now, mainly because its gotten so big and is so well documented elsewhere that I suspect I'm not really needed, but I still support Anonymous in their efforts. And this sort of paranoid overreaction and heavy handed response reminds us precisely of why the Church of Scientology needs to be dealt with. Apart from being the biggest lolcows on the planet, that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to note, the Crown Prosecution Service has declined to prosecute. A good sign, no?

Cain said...

An excellent sign indeed. I know previously there had been worries over the Co$'s level of support among the Metropolitan police, since a few years back the papers had noted the Scifags courted them with gifts.