Apr 17, 2008

I think I may be in love...

And that is not something I say lightly. But then again, its not every day I find a cam-whoring, ex-stripper, who trolls for cash...and so, having done so, I find her somewhat fascinating.

For those of you who don't have a finger on the pulse of mainstream/left-wing blogging in the UK, I am talking of the delectable Ruth Fowler. She of Comment is Free infamy. Over the last week or so, she has pretty much managed to wind up much of the UK left wing blogosphere. Well, at least the parts of it I have visited.

And when you look at some of her articles, it is not hard to see why she has caused such a stir. Here are a few selected articles and their subtitles, links provided.


The antichrist for feminists
There I was, thinking I was just making a quick buck, when all the time I was illustrating that feminism is about choice


Club rules
Lefties are supposed to be the nice ones. But increasingly, liberals are just puritanical hypocrites


Flab isn't fab
You don't get fat by accident. Eating so much requires Olympic-class stamina and athleticism


And imagine lobbing these into the sort of people who frequent the Guardian for anything except entertainment. Yeah, precisely, its hilarious and designed to do only 2 things:

wind people up
get her name better known (for her book)

And of course, it does help that Ms Fowler is not only getting paid to troll, which is enough to earn my respect, and is fairly intelligent and well-read, which catches my interest. She is also quite the looker. Here is one of the more...work safe pictures from her site (although most of them are fairly tasteful, so if your employers have a liberal policy, feel free to sneak a look).




Yeah, precisely. I shall have to watch her future articles very closely, I think. I love a trouble-maker, especially of her potential.

No comments: